Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Who is Jacques Marquette
Transcript of Who is Jacques Marquette
Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
Reason for Exploring
Jacques Marquette spoke and knew half a dozen Native American languages.
Results and Contributions
Jacques Early Life
(June 1, 1637 - May 18, 1675)
Jacques was born on June 1, 1637. Jacques Marquette was born at Laon in France. He was born into a wealthy and noble family who served France as soldiers. Jacques was educated and attend school that was ran by Jesuit priests. At the age of 17 Jacques joined the Society of Jesus .
Who is Jacques Marquette?
Made By: Jazlyn Terrell
Jacques Marquette was honored on the one-cent Trans-Mississippi Exposition Issue!
The purpose of the expedition was to find if the great river (Mississippi River) flowed into the Gulf of California, which would have allowed the French to reach the Pacific and the far east. A contract among seven unknown men was made in order to finance the voyage.
Jacques Marquette's main achievement is that he found the northern part of the Mississippi River with Louis Joliet. They were the first Europeans to do this.