Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of City Government
Council-Manager Form of Government
Mayor-Council Form of Government
City of Springfield Mayor
City of Springfield
the elected governing body (commonly called a city council, city commission, or board of selectmen) is responsible for the
of the municipality such as establishing policy, passing local ordinances, voting appropriations, and developing an overall vision.
Board of Directors
In the strong-mayor form the elected mayor is given
almost total administrative
authority and a clear, wide range of political independence.
in this form led to the development of the council–manager form of local government and its adoption widely throughout the United States.
2 PRIMARY types of Municipal Government
PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICE
CITY OF SPRINGFIELD