Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Black Dog Project
Transcript of Black Dog Project
Why are black dogs less likely to be adopted from shelters than dogs of other colors?
By: Jamie Cortez, Catherine Houlihan, and Luis Linares
Black Dog Syndrome
MDAS Euthanized Dogs
Dogs that are purebred rather than mixed breed...
...small in size rather than medium/large...
...owner surrendered rather than stray intakes...
...less than two years of age rather than older...
...and not primarily black rather than all other colors...
...will be more likely to be adopted from shelters than euthanized.
(3) Intake Status
How many dogs are adopted versus how many dogs are euthanized.
(1) Dog's length of stay in shelter
(2) Potential owner's socioeconomic status
(3) Potential owner's previous experience w/dogs
Miami-Dade Animal Services (2010):
20% of all puppies
50% of all adult dogs
Target Population: Community members that visit Miami-Dade Animal Services intending to adopt dogs.
*What we'll cover:
What is Black Dog Syndrome?