Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Salem Witch Trials
Transcript of Salem Witch Trials
1. What were some of the motivators that helped the Salem Witch Trials begin?
2. What were some of the consequences that the witches had to face and how did it affect them?
3. How did the Salem Witch Trials change over time?
Salem Witch Trials
By Emma Wang
How did it all start?
A pact with the devil
BOTH men and women
Question 1 Continued...
How did the trials begin?
Not the usual sickness (3)
William Griggs was called in (4)
A conspiracy of Satan (4)
HOW WAS WITCHCRAFT DESCRIBED AS IN 1692?
Started with two little girls (2)
Parris's Caribbean slave (3)
Mr. Parris praying for Betty and Abigail
What were some of the motivators that helped the Salem Witch Trials begin?
What were some of the consequences that the witches had to face and how did it affect them?
Afflicted girls (1)(4)
First Accusations (4)
Tituba confesses (4)
Question 2 continued...
Punishments and Consequences
Hanged for witchcraft (6)(5)
Some were imprisoned (6)
How did the Salem Witch Trials change over time?
Trials were getting crazy (4) (5)
More accusations (6)
Oyer and Terminer(5)
Question 3 continued...
How did it end?
End of the trials (5)
Lost respect for Afflicted Girls(6)
The local reverend, Nicholas Noyes, urged Sarah Good to confess, announcing that she was indeed a witch. Sarah Good replied, "I am no more a witch than you are a wizard, and if you take away my life, God will give you blood to drink."
25 years later, the reverend died of internal bleeding, choking on his own blood.
1. "How were people accused of witchcraft in the Salem witch Trials."Video. World Book Online. 2014. 2 min.
2. "What led to Salem Witch Trials." Video. World Book Online. 2014. 2:14 min.
3. History.com staff."Salem Witch Trials."2011.A+E Networks.11 Feb 2014.
4. "Salem Witch Trials." Video. Discovery Education. 2013. 5 min.
5. Boyer, Paul. "Salem Witchcraft Trials." World Book Student. World Book, 2014. 12 Feb 2014.
6. " What happened to people convicted of witchcraft in the Salem Witch Trials?". Video. World Book Online. 2014. 1:28 min.
7. Discovery Education. "Sarah Good." Salem Witch Trials. 2013. 3 March 2014.
Thanks for listening!
Map of Salem
The Story of the Salem Witch Trials
Video Explaining Salem witch Trials