Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Myopia/Nearsightedness Presentation
What causes Myopia?
What is Nearsightedness?
If you have nearsightedness, you can't see distant objects.
BUT instead you can see close up objects that are right in front of you clearly.
Nearsightedness also is called "myopia".
The most common refractive error of the eye.
Surgery may be an option in some cases.
Procedures to reshape the cornea, such as LASIK, can be done for milder cases of farsightedness.
For severe farsightedness, surgery can replace the clear lens of your eye with an implanted lens.
It commonly causes Extreme Headache
Blurry Vision can also be experienced
Easy Fixes For naersightedness
Myopia occurs when the eyeball is too long.
The glasses positive lens that help your close sighted seeing abilites.
This causes the light rays to focus in front of the retina and not on its surface.
It can also be caused if the cornea or lens is too curved.
You may have a higher risk of having Myopia if your parents are nearsighted.