Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
DBQ: What did the ancient Greeks contribute to Western civil
Transcript of DBQ: What did the ancient Greeks contribute to Western civil
Socrates was a philosopher from Athens. He believed that a person must ask questions and seek to understand life.
1. Who was Socrates, and what was he suggesting in this quote?
Aristotle was also a philosopher, and he also tutored Alexander the Great. He believed that reason is what makes human beings "superior" to other living things. Reason makes human beings unique.
2. Who was Aristotle, and what did he believe about human nature?
Hippocrates was a Greek doctor who promised that he would provide only medical care that helped his patients. This expresses the responsibility placed on doctors that continues today.
4. Who was Hippocrates, and what was he promising to do?
Euclid was a Greek mathematician. His ideas were the basis for the field of geometry, which is studied around the world today.
5. Who was Euclid, and what has been the impact of his work?
This drama shows the important role that the gods played in Greek life. Antigone felt she had to obey her conscience rather than the laws of mortal men.
6. What values are expressed in this Greek place?
What did the ancient Greeks contribute to Western civilization?
3. What type of government was Pericles describing? What were his expectations for citizens in this type of government?
7. How have specific features of this building influenced Western civilization?
The Parthenon has the columns and pediment that characterize Greek architecture. The balance and simplicity of lines are now evident in government buildings around the world, particularly in the West and America.
8. What does this statue reveal about Greek values?
This marble statue of the
is evidence of the Greek interest in a perfect human body. It also shows the Greek interest in physical activities and skills, which were demonstrated in Olympic competition.