Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CONTENT ANALYSIS AND INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN
Transcript of CONTENT ANALYSIS AND INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN
Definition of concepts
1- Collect reliable data about the students, backgrounds and prerequisite learning.
2- Answer these questions:
-Whom to teach?
-What to teach?
-How to teach?
-How to evaluate?
1- Presentation of the topic
3- Definition of concepts
4- Introduction to instructional design.
6- New instructional design
"Instructional design is a systematic process in which every component is crucial to successfully learning". Dick and Carey, 1996
What is IMID?
It is a new pedagogical model that is responsive to the growing student diversity in postsecondary institutions.
The primary goal of IMID is to promote the integration of multicultural content and diverse teaching and learning strategies in postsecondary curriculum, programs, courses, and academic
What is instructional design?
Instruction is a plan of teaching & learning activities in which learning is organized.
INTRODUCTION TO INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN
The four sides of the IMID pyramid
The University of Minnesota’s Office for Equity and Diversity provided a $3,000 grant for the “Promoting Inclusion and Retention through Integrated Multicultural Instructional Design” (PIRIMID) project to develop the IMID model and pilot implementation during the 2008-2009 academic year
-Instructional Strategies—How We Teach
-Course Content—What We Teach
-Instructional Supports and Academic Services—How We Support Learning
-Evaluating Student Growth—How We Assess Learning
NEW INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN MODEL
- The theoretical foundation of new model comes from behaviorism.
- This new model is interested in how to store the information into long term
- Learners should be active and use cognitive activity to construct new knowledge.
New model is described a five-step systematic planning process. These are:
- Guide for Designing Systemic Reading Instruction and Intervention K-3 Minnesota, department from education.
Instructional design is a tool to help teachers increase long term memory learning in students.
-Educational Theories and Instructional Design Models.
Their Place in Simulation.
This method is useful for teachers
in order to follow in a closer way
the student's learning