Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Journey To My Future
Transcript of Journey To My Future
At The age of 45, I see myself married with a few kids and a nice house
At the age of 65, I see my self retired and traveling yearly with grandchildren What am I planning to be in the future? Counseling Psychologist What does a Counseling Psychology do? Counseling psychology as a psychological specialty facilitates personal and interpersonal functioning across the life span with a focus on emotional, social, vocational, educational, health-related, developmental, and organizational concerns. Through the integration of theory, research, and practice, and with a sensitivity to multicultural issues, this specialty encompasses a broad range of practices that help people improve their well-being, alleviate distress and maladjustment, resolve crises, and increase their ability to live more highly functioning lives. Counseling psychology is unique in its attention both to normal developmental issues and to problems associated with physical, emotional, and mental disorders.So Basically,a psychologist's job is to listen and try to understand how things are from the clients point of view. They give their client's the utmost respect. Psychologists are people to talk to and get advice from about any type of problem you may be having in your life
What inspired me to be a psychologist is that I want to help people. I been through a lot in my life just at the age of 17. I can listen to what they say and give opinion on it from my point of view. I really want to help and try to make others happy again.I am a person who is very interested in psychology because I like helping and caring for people a lot with their personal or psychological problems to help them understand themselves. I am known as the most caring one in the circle of my friends because when they have problems, I usually picture myself in their shoes and I can easily pick up how they are feeling emotionally. I love helping people and the idea of having this career is just amazing. Knowing that people out there who are sad and depressed about their problems has deepened my interest towards the field of pychology. So I can plan my future educational years to explore and aim for major on this subject. What Inspired me to become a Psychologist? Graduate High School
- high school science courses: chemistry, biology, physics, and mathematics—and, of course, psychology. Science courses teach you to think logically, and they give you important insight into how the physical world “works.” Moreover, biology and chemistry courses prepare me for later studies in the biological aspects of brain functioning. Mathematics teaches you analytical thought, and it prepares me for the statistics courses that are necessary to understand all the research that is fundamental to the field of psychology. 4 years: Undergrad
2-3 years: Master's degree
2-3 years: Doctoral degree 1 year: APA approved internship
1-3 years: supervised post doctoral experience 12 years of education in total This Journey may seem like a long and rough road, but I will do my best and achieve my dream Average hourly salary: HKD$300
Average annual salary:542,549 I want to Go to Hong Kong University when I graduate from High School because they offer good psychology courses and it is close to my home too