Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Adventure
The point of Scouting is
- providing youth unique opportunities to explore one's self and the world — to allow youth to experience new situations that build their sense of who they are and help them prepare for and be successful in new situations.
To have an adventure you first have to
this is at the heart of
Youth-led doesn't mean no scouter involvement - facilitating a youth planning session takes skill - knowing when to ask a question, what question to ask, to provide the kind of support youth will need to be successful in setting up their adventure.
is where the scouter steps to the side (not out of the picture, however) to allow the youth to experience the adventure to the fullest.
is where SPICES come into play - where youth are helped to think about what they've learned from their experience on six dimensions:
Social, Physical, Intellectual, Character, Emotional, Spiritual
also becomes the lead into
- How do we take what we've just learned and use it to build our next
The 4 Elements
The Canadian Path is about the Scouting Method - it's about youth involved in planning, supported by leaders, so they can grow and develop as they experience Adventure!