Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Thursday
October 23rd 2014
"The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury."
"It is impossible to suffer without making someone pay for it; every complaint already contains revenge."
DO NOW: 10/23/14
Justice vs. Revenge
Complete the Write 10 Write 10
Linking Verb practice items practice items
Practice each containing containing
Page- #16 either a linking grammatical
in the or an action errors to be
packet; verb. Trade with corrected.
trade each other and Trade
and complete the practice and
grade items; then grade. Grade.
Verbs: Action vs. Linking
Correct the errors in the following sentences.
Grammer 'n Spellin' Problums
I am giving you the OPPORTUNITY to learn about personification without having to write down your answers. We can participate orally, BUT, if the discussion is chaotic, if people talk out of turn, or if the class is disengaged, we will have to write our answers... don't blow it!
Please participate in a quick lesson on PERSONIFICATION.
1.The presence of strong feeling, the cause of which is not fully understood, always has the effect of making we human beings uneasy.
2.The new law is to stringent-- it will be neither respected or obeyed.
3. I do not wish, to make a formal complaint, but I would have been better pleased if you gave the award to the person that best deserved it.
4. After you have written a definition in your vocabulary notebook, add a few ways to use the word or a sentence to illustrate it's meaning.
5.The tribesmen made offerings to placate the gods, whom, they believed, were angry with them.
WODS stories are due now!
Please make sure you:
1. highlighted the WODS (4)
2. Underlined action verbs (2)
3. Circled linking verbs (2)
A Quick Game: Which WOD is Which?
I will be expecting you to include personification in the narratives we will be beginning tomorrow! (Detective story/Eerie tale).