Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of psychology
Carl Jung and Katherine Benziger. Definition: the combination of characteristics or qualities
that form an individual’s distinctive character:
she had a sunny personality that was very engaging Personal unconscious Innate unconscious 8 personality types -Introversion & Extroversion Personal Unconscious Innate unconscious &ExperiencesMemories Reservoir of experience & knowledge psychologically inherited Types of Personality Four functions -feeling, thinking, sensation & intuition His Conclusion Eight Distinctive Personality Types Extroverted Sensing - Introverted Sensing Extroverted Thinking - Introverted Thinking Extroverted Intuitive - Introverted Intuitive Extroverted Feeling - Introverted Feeling Formed-the basis of MyersBriggs Type Indicator Jung's theory still used today Weaknesses Emotional upbringing Religion incorporated into theory Theory - basically what he thought Myers-Briggs test is based on Jung's theory Online Psychometric Test http://www.123test.com Pros - 92 questions
Used by many organisations
People believe in Jung's technique Cons - Can lie
You be who you want to be Katherine Benziger 30 years of teaching Her Theory - validating the link with Carl Jung Model of BTSA - Benziger Thinking Styles Assessment The Benziger approach was designed to focus on four specific management goals:
1. Increasing quality performance for individuals and groups
2. Improving individual and team creativity and analytical decision making
3. Reducing maladaptive interpersonal conflict
4. Lowering turnover and absenteeism rates THINKING/FRONTAL LEFT SENSING/BASAL LEFT FEELING /FRONTAL RIGHT INTUITION/BASAL RIGHT Comparisons Benziger - state of the art analysis Falsification of Type - How? Focuses on personality assessment rather than testing Conclusion Why do we have psychemetric tests? Personality Types in the Population Thank you for your attention today! Any questions? http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/personality Based his work on individuals Questions not accurate enough Believed personality is dictated by the 4 lobes in the brain Jung - theory from individuals Personal experience Personal experience Methods of Measuring
Personality tests References www.counter-currents.com