Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Electricity & Magnetism
Transcript of Electricity & Magnetism
Only one path for electrons to flow
If one light bulb breaks, they all stop working
Electricity powers all circuits, lightbulbs, computers, TVs, and more!
Attract / Repel
Opposite charges attract
Positive (+) & Negative (-)
The needle in a compass is a magnet.
The needle always points North.
The compass is attracted to Earth's magnetic field
More than one path for electrons to flow
If one light bulb breaks, the rest still work
Electric current is the movement of electrons through a wire.
ELECTRIC CURRENT IS WHEN THE ELECTRONS FLOW!
Same charges repel
Positive (+) & Postive (+)
Negative (-) & Negative (-)
Electromagnets are made of magnet, wire, & battery
Electromagnets can turn on & off
Electromagnets gets stronger when you wrap MORE wires around the iron object
Electromagnets are found in objects that create ... SOUND & MOTION
Ready to learn more??
Magnets also Attract & Repel
North / South = attract
North / north = repel
South / south = repel
Where is the magnet the strongest?