Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Okay For Now
Transcript of Okay For Now
By: Gary D. Schmidt
A boy named Doug Swieteck moves to a new town called Marysville NY. which he hates
His father abuses both Doug and his brother, which from his fathers actions rubs off on his brother.
Doug starts going to the library every saturday after work where he draws pictures of birds.
-Is artistic because he learns different ways to draw the birds at the library
- Is stubborn because he isn't cooperative when he meets anyone
- Is hopeful that his life will start to become better
- Is eager to learn because she goes to the library when its open just to read
- Is sassy because she was rude when Doug tried to talk to her
- Is distrustful when she locks her bike up thinking Doug might steal it
The story starts out at their first house in an unsaid town somewhere in New York but then transfers into a rundown neighorhood in Marysville New York
The mood that was set in the story that i chose was "embarrasing"
Mood quotation 1.
" I could feel the bird poop starting to crust over in the heat"(schmidt 59) Doug had bird poop on his head which with his dark black hair stood out amazingly
Mood quotation 2.
" He leans down over the first flower and lets fall a glob of spit" (schmidt 62) Lil spicer was there with him and she was so displeased with what dougs brother had done, she hopped onto her bike and had rode off.
If something doesn't work try harder and you might just succeed