Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is Good Graphic Design?
Transcript of What is Good Graphic Design?
If our design is more or less a copy of what others have designed, what are we communicating?’ - Stephen Hay, Graphic and Web Design Critic. Effectiveness Here we are not talking about taste - but about results. Communication What are you trying to communicate?
What are the core qualities, principles and values of the product or client.
Consider how you can develop these into a visual language? "to be a good designer you have to take off your shoes, and put on somebody else's"
- Micheal Wolff, founder of Wolff Olins Design should be used to solve problems.
To do that one has to know what the problem is, before they reach for their tool chest. When Designing: Get down to the nitty gritty if you want to produce quality. Investigate the problem at hand in reality. Does the work achieve it's goals? "Design is the method of putting form and content together.
When form predominates meaning is blunted.
When content predominates, interest flags."
-Legendary Graphic Designer, Paul Rand. Order + Variety + Contrast +
Symmetry + Tension + Balance +
Scale + Texture + Space +
Shape + Light + Shade +
Line + Colour = Form form + content design principles graphic design elements and ideas