Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Forces and Motion
Transcript of Copy of Forces and Motion
Motion: The act of changing something's position or place.
1) When an object has moved, it has changed place.
2) It moves a distance from where it starts to where it ends up.
Velocity: Speed + Direction
Acceleration: The rate at which an object changes its velocity.
Applied Force: When a force is APPLIED by a person or another object.
A PUSH OR PULL
Frictional Force: A force that opposes the motion of two surfaces that are in contact with one another.
Normal Force: Exerted on a stable object in response to another object in contact with it. Works against gravity
Spring Force: A force that is exerted by a spring compression.
Gravitational: A force of mutual attraction that exists between all bodies of matter. Dependent on how much mass each body has, and how far apart they are from each other.
Electrical: Force of attraction between unlike electrical charges +/-; Force of repulsion by alike electrical charges. +/+
Magnetic: The same as Electrical force, only while in motion
Frictional forces between the air and the surface of an object.
Any influence that causes an object, at rest, to move. It may also change the speed and/or direction of an object
The shortest distance between the starting point and the end point.
Tension: the force that is transmitted through a string, rope, cable or wire when it is pulled tight by forces acting from opposite ends.