Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Psychology for Sports Performance
Transcript of Psychology for Sports Performance
Sport Competition Anxiety Test Do you agree with you result?
Why? How many of you watched this? Which Arousal theory would this clip relate to? Catastrophe Theory If the athlete is experiencing higher levels of cognitive anxiety, and arousal levels increase up to the athlete’s threshold, the player experiences a dramatic (or catastrophic) drop in performance levels Evander Holyfield getting the better of Mike Tyson, so Tyson bites a part of his ear off!! *Answer all of the questions honestly* Anxiety? State or Trait? Trait Anxiety
'Ingrained in a person's personality, These individuals tend to worry more than most people and feel inappropriately threatened by several things in the environment.' State Anxiety
'State anxiety is characterized as a temporary change in a person's emotional state due to an outside factor'