Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Responses to Western Imperialism
Ashwin Udayon 7 March 2013
Transcript of Responses to Western Imperialism
1857-1858 British Control of India - by 1848 the British East India Company had a monopoly over Indian industry
- Indians in the British army began to turn against their European Rulers
- The Rebellion was crushed and Britain started to directly rule India with the parliament in London and government officials in India Development of India Role of Women -British Rule brought ideas from Europe
- Women began to get more rights to education and job opportunities
- More opportunities for them in the British missionaries for those who converted Indian Nation Congress Response to Western Imperialism - Education
-Britain made a education system that was English influenced
- new caste of European educated Indians emerged
- even most educated Indians were discriminated by the "White Men"
- These "White Men" felt more superior than all Indians -Economics
- Britain helped make India more modern
- Introduced irrigation projects for agriculture
- a railroad network for communication
-large tea and jute plantations
-India's economy globalized
- The always fighting Hindus and Muslims united under the influence of British rule
-Educated Indians gathered in the Hindu Indian National Congress
-These new unification caused the Indians to come together and fight for their freedom India was made into a democracy using the British Legal System