Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Vertical & Horizontal Integration
Transcript of Vertical & Horizontal Integration
Efficient & Profitable
Vertical and Horizontal Integration
Warner Bros &Film
"Fully integrated...every aspect of the entertainment industry from feature film, television and home entertainment production and worldwide distribution to DVD and Blu-ray..."
"1924, although Warner Bros. was now established as a complete film company...it lacked company-owned theaters and thus struggled to compete in the Hollywood community"
2010, worldwide box office record with $4.814 billion
- Warner Bros website
In 1928, the brothers bought The Stanley Company of America for its theater chain
2012, industry’s leader, with 21 percent marketshare in total DVD and Blu-ray sales
Disney video games
Parks and Resorts
So why Integration?
In 2009, The Walt Disney Company acquired Marvel Entertainment, for $4.2 billion
Does profit-making have bad effects on content?