Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Algebra 2 - Permutations
Transcript of Algebra 2 - Permutations
word problems There are 8 teams in the playoffs for CIF. How many different possibilities are there for the teams to be in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place? How many possible arrangements for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are there if there were only 7 teams? How many different 3 digit numbers can you make from 1,2,3,4, and 5? Permutations in word problems Permutation Example 1 You try... Permutation Formula What are factorials? You Try... Evaluating and Simplifying Factorials Factorials (!) A factorial is a set of numbers that are multiplied together and decrease by 1 each number you go to next. Examples Evaluate the factorials The number of permutations of n items of a set arranged r items at a time is P . Evaluate each expression. Evaluate each expression. There are
b) 7! Examples a) 10!
6! b) 12!
7!4! a) 3!6! b) 11!
6!5! n r n!
(n-r)! P = n r 9 4 P c) d) 10 6 P 1) 8 5 P 2) 12 4 P Because order matters you would use a permutation formula. Assignment #1
Pg. 354/ 1-17 odd, 18, and 19