Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Lake Mac Smart City
Transcript of Lake Mac Smart City
50 billion connected devices by 2020
Digital Economy Strategy for
Lake Mac Smart City
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
Why prepare a Digital Economy Strategy?
1. Technology is
increasingly intuitive - digital literacy is improving
2. Access and speed continues to improve...
...and its easier to connect in more and more places
To help achieve the
Community Strategic Vision
3. Council systems renewal
...raising expectations for online services and experiences...
...but also driving faster, localised innovation through exchange of ideas
But what opportunities?
Start the conversation...
...and learn from elsewhere
I can help!
What could Lake Mac Smart City look like?
Digital is now everywhere.
Expand the conversation...
Fixed computing (You go to device!)
200 million connected devices in year 2000
Mobile Devices (Internet in your pocket)
10 billion connected devices (2015)
Generations of internet
1. 'Switched on' communities that drive bottom-up innovation
A goal and useful framework for identifying and responding to new opportunities
2. Technology and infrastructure that connects us to others, information and to 'things'
Conversations with the community...
3. Local leadership and governance that facilitates engagement in all things digital
Satellite customer service offices
How can we use digital technologies to make Lake Mac an even better place for everyone?
Staff can win a $50 Coles Myer voucher by submitting an idea
Attractive lifestyle for