Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
EVOKE - DIGITAL MARKETING
Transcript of EVOKE - DIGITAL MARKETING
Digital Channels - Offline & Online communications exist; ie. marketing through the internet or through direct communication. Disadvantages Example of disadvantage Careers in Digital Marketing Ways of getting into Digital Marketing... SEO Executive Email and CRM Executive The Future of Digital Marketing In Conclusion... Thank you,
Any Questions? References - -Quicker engagement, interaction and response with customers through a variety of channels
Raises awareness of products or services
Increases market coverage
Most likely to generate more revenue and profits for the retailers
More convenience for shoppers
Can expand locally and globally
Reduction in costs through automation and electronic media
Increased ability to measure and collect data Dependability on technology
Conflicts between channels
Impact on employees
Worldwide competition through globalisation
Customers can share negative reviews of products to reach large online audiences Online; Search marketing
Viral Marketing Offline; Advertising
Direct Mail Merchandising
WOM - What digital channels are
- Their importance in marketing
- The history of digital marketing
- Careers in digital marketing
- Implications for the future of digital marketing The Internet is the greatest change: fewer offline and more online channels used in marketing. - UGC (User Generated Comments) about brands are available online.
- Accountability of a brand has increased dramatically.
- Global competition between companies.
- Easier to segment & target advertising. ‘‘There are so many ways for customers to get our product now, we don’t know whether we’re coming or going!“ (Harrigan & Hulbert '10) There are 6 main types of digital channels.. Search Marketing
Opt in emails
Viral marketing Laura Higgins, Anna Bradford, Georgia Varti & Caroline Wardle What does the job entail?
* Managing all email and CRM
* Developing insight and customer segments
* Developing the welcome and new customer acquisition programme
* Creative input into the brand and style of communications
* Report on email activity
* Managing emails in-house
* Identifying and keeping up with trends in the market CRM: Customer Relationship Management Based in Manchester
Earns £18,000-23,000 per annum http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/job/4561460/email-and-crm-executive/ 5: Harrigan and Hullbert (2010) The New Dna of Marketing
via Julia Wolny 'Introduction to Marketing' Module Review, p5 16. Guardian website: http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/job/4561460/email-and-crm-executive/ Chris Donelly "We find the best strategy to produce a web asset that is completely optimised for social media and SEO." According to Datran Media's Annual Marketing & Media Survey, 'Digital marketing budgets are expected to increase steadily during the next few years' Demand for digital marketing roles has significantly increased in the last year... Whilst a degree in marketing is advantageous, there are other ways.. Rooted in technology
Clear communication and numeracy skills
Experience is highly valued; in the form of internships or work experience SEO: Search Engine Optimisation What does the job entail? *Site Optimisation
-altering a site to improve search engine visibility
- exposing relevant content within existing site capability or through development activity.
-Using keyword research to drive SEO strategy and content idea generation
- Category Pages - oversee the optimisation of SEO copy boxes for all category and sub-category pages
- Using analytics to report on the traffic and revenue contribution of SEO content to the website Based in the West Midlands, up to £26,000pa Yeo Valley Case Study [online], (2012), ITV, Available from: http://www.itvmedia.co.uk/insights-and-effectiveness/case-studies/building-awareness/yeo-valley-case-study [Accessed: 17.11.20 Meuuws, S. Why #McDStories Didnâ€šÃ„Ã´t Have a Happy Ending 2012 [online], Available from: http://thenextweb.com/twitter/2012/01/24/why-mcdstories-didnt-have-a-happy-ending/ [Accessed: 1.1.2013]
K Olsen, 2012 (‘Demand for digital marketing freelancers soars’) http://econsultancy.com/uk/blog/9823-demand-for-digital-marketing-freelancers-soars-trends-3
Datran Media's Annual Marketing & Media Survey,(May 2010) Baines, P, Fill, C and Page, K. (2011), 'Marketing Communications: Tools, Media, and Planning', 'Digital Marketing', marketing, 2nd edition, Oxford University Press Inc, New York, pp. 429-433, 623-655. Within digital marketing channels we've exposed many advantages and disadvantages, however, we have found that organisations in this digital age would put themselves at a disadvantage if they ignored the utilization of digital channels. - Content marketing: magazines, websites, social media sites (etc) still hold a lot of relevance in this digital age and shouldn't be ignored