Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Lucille Clifton.
Lucille Clifton was born on June 27, 1936, Depew, NY. Born to Samuel Louis Sayles, Sr. and his second wife, Thelma Moore Sayles, on June 27, 1936, in Depew, New York—a small, primarily Polish town 12 miles from Buffalo, New York—Clifton was named Thelma Lucille Sayles by her father.
Her poem "Song of midnight" is basically saying if someone doesnt love her that it doesnt matter because her brothers will
She was known as writter and a poet, Her poems also reflect the process of self-discovery she underwent over a period of time as woman, daughter, sibling, wife, mother, and most importantly, a poet. She has won national book award and many other awards.
I choose this poem because its a way of telling society that it doesnt matter what you think of others they will always have family that think of them as awesome.
She died February 13, 2010, in Baltimore, MD. She was a great person. She had children which 4 out of six are still alive.
BY FRANCES OCASIO
Clifton giving one of