Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Literary Devices in Songs
Transcript of Literary Devices in Songs
By: Joshua Barnes
Definition: Using the same sound or word over and over again
Definition: Using words that have the same ending sounds
Definition: Comparison of two different things using "like" or "as"
Definition: Comparing two things without using "like" or "as"
Definition: Deliberate and obvious exaggeration used for effect
Example: "Crazy Kids Remix"
By: Ke$ha featuring Will. I. Am.
Example: "Heart Attack"
By: Demi Lovato
Lyric: The feelings are lost in my lungs
They're burning, I'd rather be numb
Yeah, there's no one else to blame (no one else
So scared I take off and I run
I'm flying to close to the sun
And I burst into flames
By: Olly Murs featuring Flo Rida
Lyric: And so we are, we are we are, we are we are, the crazy kids, them crazy, them crazy kids
Lyric: After a drink or two, I was putty in your hands
Example: "Counting Stars"
By: One Republic
Lyric: I see this life like a swinging vine
Example: "Still Into You"
Lyric: You felt the weight of the world fall on your shoulders
Definition: Giving human qualities to objects that are not human
By: Bridgit Mendler
Lyric: Think the clouds are clogging up my brain
Definition: (Usually) Humorous language signifying an opposite meaning
Example: "Wanna Be Startin' Something
By: Michael Jackson
Lyric: It's too high to get over (yeah yeah)
Too low to get under (yeah yeah)
You're stuck in the middle (yeah yeah
And the pain is thunder (yeah yeah)
Definition: Words that make the sound that they say
Example: "The Fox"
Lyric: Dog goes woof, cat goes meow, bird goes tweet, and mouse goes squeak
Definition: Repeating the beginning sounds of words
oose, tripping in the bathroom
all gowns, trashing our hotel room
These are all of the literary devices that I found
in songs, and I hope that they inspire you to look for more meaning in your favorite songs.
Thanks for watching!
1. Crazy Kids Remix by Ke$ha (feat. Will. I. Am.)
2. Heart Attack by Demi Lovato
3. Troublemaker by Olly Murs (feat. Flo Rida)
4. Counting Stars by One Republic
5. Still Into You by Paramore
6. Hurricane by Bridgit Mendler
7. Wanna Be Startin' Something by Michael Jackson
8. The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?) by Ylvis
9. Royals by Lorde