Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Relay For Life: Leading the Fight
Transcript of Relay For Life: Leading the Fight
The Canadian Cancer Society
What is Relay For Life?
What is a Good Leader?
Building Leaders Through Relay
Finding the Leader in You
Wrap Up and Questions
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national community-based organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
• An inspirational, non-competitive, 12-hour fundraising event
• Brings you and your school together to celebrate the lives of those who are living with cancer, remember loved ones lost to cancer and fight back against the disease.
• More than an event, it’s a life changing experience
• Designed to raise valuable dollars in the fight against cancer to fund life changing research, programs and services
• Designed to give back to the organizing committee, students and school community by engaging students in activities that will enhance and develop exemplary leadership skills
Relay For Life
How It Works
A committee of 10 students and one teacher organize the entire event from start to finish.
Student committee members plan the logistics, ceremonies, organize finances, run registration, find sponsors and collect donations.
The Relay is held at your school with students, staff and interested community members.
What Makes a Good Leader?
What motivates you to be a leader at your school?
How do you want to make a difference in the world?
Provide an example of a time you or your school
did something that showed an ability to lead and create positive change.