Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Alliteration
EXAMPLES OF ALLITERATION
* Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers.
* "Come…dragging the lazy languid Line along"
*Alice’s aunt ate apples and acorns around August.
*Becky’s beagle barked and bayed, becoming bothersome for Billy.
*Carrie's cat clawed her couch, creating chaos.
*Dan’s dog dove deep in the dam, drinking dirty water as he dove.
PURPOSE OF ALLITERATION
The purpose of alliteration is to create a consistent pattern that will catch the eye of the mind thus focusing on the attention of the reader.
6) In which of the examples below would you most likely find an alliteration?
A. A non-fiction novel B. Lyrics in a song
C. A "How to" book
7-8.What is alliteration?________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.
9-10.Give one example of an alliteration.
DEFINITION OF ALLITERATION
is a literary device that repeats a speech sound in a sequence of words that are close to each other. Alliteration typically uses consonants at the beginning of a word to give stress to its syllable. Alliteration plays a very crucial role in poetry and literature:
*It provides a work with musical rhythms.
*Poems that use alliteration are read and recited with more interest and
*Poems with alliteration can be easier to memorize.
*Alliteration lends structure, flow, and beauty to any piece of writing.
1) Which of the following is an example of an alliteration?
A. Splendid Sarah saw special shells
B. Lucy jumps at least a hundred feet in the air
C. The sky is blue and so are you
2) What is the definition of an alliteration?
A. A huge exaggeration
B. Giving an animal human like qualities
C. The repetition of similar sounds at the beginning of word.
D. Two words that sound alike, but have different meanings
3) Is the statement "She sang like a bird", an alliteration?
4) Which of the following phrases is an alliteration?
A. She is a pig
B. He was as tall as a skyscraper
C. Charlie cheats on cheat-sheets
D. I told you a million times
5) Is this statement "Mommy made me mash my m&m 's", an alliteration?
B. No 6) In which of the examples below would you most likely find an alliteration?
A. A non-fiction novel
B. Lyrics in a song
C. A "How to" book