Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Science - Change Detectives - Lesson 2
Transcript of Science - Change Detectives - Lesson 2
Go back to your:
- photographic images
- notes in your Science Journals
What did you observe?
What changes took place?
Could the changes be reversed?
Describe the following...
- non-melted chocolate button
- glass of milk
In groups, apply your understandings of physical changes by discussing how a frozen milk cube and a melted chocolate button may be returned to their original states.
Time permitting: list other substances that melt. Are those substances able to be returned to their original states? How? Why not? Design... Your first Science/Technology challenge is to design a way to make an ice cube melt as fast as possible.
1. establish rules and boundaries for all groups involved (to keep it fair)
2. in groups, brainstorm ideas
3. record all ideas in your Science Journals
4. decide which idea your group is going to work on
5. list materials/resources your group needs
6. set up a page in your Science Journals with the following headings...
Now...go! Be active scientist by testing and recording what happens. Melting and Evaporating. Physical Changes Part 1 Testing if melted or frozen objects may be returned to their original states. Analyse: Evaluate: (write what you think will happen) (write why you think this will happen) (what did happen?) (why do you think it happened this way?)