Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of HEAVY METAL
1. Rob halford
2. King Diamond
3. Robert Plant
4. Axl Rose
6. Ian Gillan
7. Geddy Lee
8. Bruce Dickinson
9. Ronnie James Dio
10. Chris Cornell
WHAT IS HEAVY METAL?
MUSIC AND STYLE TROUGH TIME
10. “Detroit Rock City” – KISS
9. “Runnin’ With the Devil” - Van Halen
8. “At War With Satan” - Venom
7. “The Number of the Beast” - Iron Maiden
6. “N.I.B.” - Black Sabbath
5. “South of Heaven” – Slayer
4. “Satan’s Fall” - Mercyful Fate
3. “Fight Fire With Fire” - Metallica
2. “Black Sabbath” - Black Sabbath
1. “Ace of Spades” - Motorhead
2. Iron Maiden
In the1960s as a reaction to the hippie rock .
Heavy metal = progressive rock+ hard rock+ soundtrack styles using the
power chord to make phrasal
1. Driving power that the guitar, bass and drums produce through an amplifier.
2. The “heavy” part : distortion of the bass and lead guitar.
3. Riffs, solos, sweep-picking and other fast playing tricks heavy metal.
When was originated?
Was intended to sound like a horror movie soundtrack
How does it sounds?
Type of rock music
Electric guitar is the main musical instrument.
Characteristics: powerful and loud provoqued by: the bass, drums and electric guitar.
The lyrics: controversial and provocative.
-Criticized and accused of inciting crimes among its
-Subtypes of heavy metal emerged: "glam metal,""death
metal" and "trash metal.
DIFERENCES BETWEEN PUNK AND HEAVY METAL
HEAVY METAL RIFFS
We can se the distorsionism and very loud music
Hi-top basketball shoes (more common with old school thrash metalheads)
Blue or black jeans
Camouflage pants, shirts, jackets or shorts
Denim jackets, often adorned with badges, pins and patches.
Robert Anthony Plant, is an English musician, singer, and songwriter best known as the lead singer and lyricist of the band Led Zeppelin.
5 .'City Don't Cry'
4. 'Song to the Siren'
3. 'Down to the Sea'
2. 'Tall Cool One'
1. 'In the Mood'
Robert John Arthur "Rob" Halford is an English singer-songwriter, who is best known as the lead vocalist for the Grammy Award-winning heavy metal band Judas Priest.
5. “Run of the Mill”
3.“Beyond The Realms of Death”
2.“Victim of Changes”
1.“Here Come The Tears”
The tongue of the integrant ''KISS'' Genne Simmons measures 13.5cm
The vocalist and bassist of Primus was about to play in Metallica but was not admitted because he was so good
The album cover ''load'' (METALLICA) is not fire or lava, is blood and semen
The guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen injects adrenaline in his hand's palms to play faster.
Dave Murray learned to play guitar because he liked to look in the mirror with it
Kim Bendix Petersen better known by his stage name King Diamond , is a Danish heavy metal musician. As a vocalist. He is the lead vocalist for both Mercyful Fate and the eponymous King Diamond.
5. Fatal Portrait
4. The Spider's Lullabye
American heavy metal band from Auburn, New York.
Formed in 1980.
Known for lyrics based on fantasy and also known for having a loud and bombastic sound.
TOP 5 SONGS
1. Warriors of the World United
2. Battle Hymn
3. Hail and Kill
4. Die for Metal
5. Kings of Metal
English heavy metal band formed in Leyton, east London.
Formed in 1975 by bassist and primary songwriter Steve Harris.
TOP 5 SONGS
1. The Number Of The Beast
3. Run To The Hills
4. The Trooper
5. 2 Minutes To Midnight
Australian hard rock band formed in Sydney.
Formed in November 1973 by brothers Malcolm and Angus Young.
TOP 5 SONGS
1. Back in Black
3. You Shook Me All Night Long
4. Whole Lotta Rosie
5. Highway to Hell
ACE OF SPADES- Motorhead
Song by the English heavy metal band Motörhead, released in 1980 as a single and the title track to the album Ace of Spades.
BLACK SABBATH- Black Sabbath
Is a song by the British heavy metal band of the same name, written in 1969 and released on their self-titled debut album.
FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE- Metallica
First song of the album
Ride the lightning
of the heavy metal band Metallica.
The song talks about the arrival of Armageddon and the end of the world by a nuclear holocaust.