Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Project Wickenby
• Identify all key players and their own goals
• Align cross department goals for the common goal
• Break down barriers between departments/organisations/nations
• Familiarity with other stakeholder and their interest
• Up front during the planning stage
• Continually throughout the program as
a reinforcing loop to deal with changes in stakeholders
1) Goals and methods Matrix (Turner and Cochrane)
2) Base Mapping
3) Cognitive Mind Mapping
• Initial stages
• After stakeholder Analysis
• Use in Major changes in circumstances
The Wickenby project deals with a large number of people (450 people)
Project Manager will have no direct authority
Structures, communication plans, clear role definitions and ways of working will need to be established
Each of these tools helps to understand the other stakeholder’s position and agendas.
1. Memorandum of Understanding ‡ TOOL: Interface Agreements
2. Assess organisational maturity ‡ Old departments (ATO, AFP) vs. New departments (Austrac) / International vs. Domestic
3. Identify mandate
4. Identify goals ‡ TOOL: facilitated workshop using Stanislavski’s Method
5. Identify success factors ‡ TOOL: benefits breakdown structure
• Form Strategic Project Alliance Group (SPAG) ‡ TOOL: strategic alliance, vision statement
• Stakeholder analysis is a reinforcing loop that needs to be continually managed by the SPAG and reviewed on a continual basis.
• Individual projects teams working on individual cases to be prosecuted are presented to the Board of Litigation (BOL)
• Use of external facilitators to break down the barriers between stakeholders/agencies
• Ideal for teams hungry to share a common goal
• SPAGBOL is a proven recipe to cook a successful project
• SPAGBOL will burn if there is a lack of stakeholder interest
• SPAGBOL can be viewed as cheesy if done incorrectly
• SPAG will leave a bad taste in your mouth if the BOL in uncooperative.
• Explore problems
• Identify risk clusters/root causes (nodes)
• Loops - Positive
• Major/Minor risk
• Different perspectives
• Brainstorming/discussions (groups)
• Bringing in experts
• To help
• Careful stakeholders are identified
• Resistance from some parties
• Encourage people to speak up, even if stupid
Knowledge and awareness of tax law (3500 pages)
High level of accountability (reputation)
Damage existing relationships
Impact on other projects
Security (information sharing)
At each level when an alliance is formed and when groups are having difficulty understanding one another’s perspective.
During the project life cycle to minimize this complexity
A useful approach to managing
structurally complex project
is best achieved by…
(a) Fast tracking
(b) Slow tracking
(c) Going to the Clare Hotel at 5:00pm today!
[See you there… Thank you!]
Throughout the following tools:
Jazz Semi Structures:
- Having regular meetings for communicating roles and responsibilities
- Having dynamic structures
- Motivating teams
- Increasing creativity
- Report on progress of the project
Role Definition Tool:
- Matches the right people to the right roles
- Structured approach to role definition
- Matches capabilities of project requirements to potential PM.
- Set the key perspective to develop.
- Provide supportive evidences.
- Review perspective regularly in a project with different agencies.
- Review and reform project perspectives regularly outside the project.
- Take perspective back to the project.
Discursive Universe Tool:
- Involves framing communication
- Builds trust to facilitate information sharing
- Useful when lack of agreement on how to proceed