Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Giving Tree
Transcript of The Giving Tree
BRASHIER MIDDLE COLLEGE CHARTER HIGH SCHOOL
"Brashier Middle College Charter High School's mission is to create a community where students strive for higher levels of learning."
Get in touch...
1830 West Georgia Road
Simpsonville, SC 29680
Our project: Documentary
A BIT ABOUT US
• We have a number of inside jokes from our many journeys and adventures
• We are the functionally, dysfunctional family
• We are a walking paradox
• We are scholars and teachers
• But all in all, we care about our community and want to help make it better for everyone.
• We love tackling anything that comes our way and look forward to a great year of MCNC!
THE PURPOSE PORPOISES
THIS IS WHAT'S HAPPENING
18% of people in South Carolina are food insecure
28% of children in South Carolina are food insecure
About 372,000 children are receiving food stamps
About 125,000 women and children are using WIC
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE
you woke up knowing you might not eat that day
your child ate only 1 meal at school and went hungry over the weekend
you didn't know where your next meal would come from
It doesn't have to "pea" that way.
THAT'S WHY WE CARE
WE ARE IN
to bring awareness to and educate the public on food insecurity in our area
to motivate volunteers
to show the struggle of organizations to meet needs
to bring to light the how food bank donations often fail to achieve their intention
the documentary will be about 30 minutes long
it will be shown at a screening event
our target audience:
people who would like to help but don't know how to make a meaningful difference
Getting the Word Out
posters displayed at local businesses, organizations, churches and schools
social media events
fundraising profit-sharing events at local restaurants
time: to be decided
preferably in the evening
location: to be decided
Greenville Technical College
how long? 1 1/2 - 2 hours
Main event: documentary screening
Also may include:
keynote speakers from organizations
vocal performance by Brashier singing group
organization booths from local food support organizations
HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH
to bring awareness to food insecurity in the Greenville/Simpsonville area
to reduce number of food insecure people in the area
to motivate volunteers to make meaningful contributions to existing organizations