Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Astronomy By Jackson Reisman
Transcript of Astronomy By Jackson Reisman
Observe, research, and interpret astronomical phenomena to increase basic knowledge or apply such information to practical problems.
What types of education does someone need?
High School Diploma,
and possibly a Master's Degree
All science courses.
College Majors That Relate
Planetary Astronomy and Science
Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology, General
Suggested High School Courses
5 Important Skills
3 Important Abilities
Employment of physicists and astronomers is projected to grow 10 percent from 2012 to 2022, about as fast as the average for all occupations.
5 Typical Tasks
Develop theories based on personal observations or on observations and theories of other astronomers.
Develop and modify astronomy-related programs for public presentation.
Direct the operations of a planetarium.
Analyze research data to determine its significance, using computers.
Collaborate with other astronomers to carry out research projects.