Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ayub's Basic Democrats
Transcript of Ayub's Basic Democrats
Ayub's Point of View
“We have adopted the Basic Democrat system as it is simpler to work, more akin to our genius and history, and less liable to lead to instability, a luxury that a developing country like ours cannot afford.”
- President Ayub Khan
How the System worked
5 Tier INSTITUTION
Field Marshall Muhammad
- 1st Officer in Pakistan Armed Forces
- 1st Commander-in-Chief
- Defense Minister in Bogra's cabinet
- 1st Chief Marshall Law Administrator
- 2nd President
- 1st and only 5-star General
- Preceded by Iskander Mirza
- Succeeded by Yahya Khan
- 11 years in power (1958-1969)
- Introduced on 27th Oct,1959
- Ayub's Genius
- 1962 Constitution
- Sophisticated Parliamentary System not suitable for Pakistan
- Local Govt. & Rural Development
- Two-way channel of communication
District (zila) Councilors
Tehsil (subdistrict) councilors
- Against Fatima Jinnah
- Probably the most controversial, farcical presidential election in our history.
- Allegedly bribed Basic Democrats
- Legislate on electoral matters.
- Re-elected with 64% votes
1965 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS
A Different Point of View
Think before you ask.