Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Japan Tsunami 2011
Transcript of Japan Tsunami 2011
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
What is a tsunami?
Cause: The Earthquake.
Effect: The Tsunami.
Cause & Effect 2
Cause: Japan's Meteorological Agency sent out a warning for the size of the wave, that was underestimated.
Effect: Only about 58% of people went to higher ground immediately after the Earthquake hit.
Cause & Effect 3
Cause: There was a cooling system failure at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant because of the tsunami.
Effect: This resulted in a level 7 nuclear meltdown and release of radioactive materials.
Cause & Effect 4
By: Bethaney Deuschle
Cause: The flooding.
Effect: Killed more than 18,000 people.
A series of huge waves .
Tsunami are caused by under water Earthquakes, a volcanic eruption, or a sub-marine rock slide.
The Earthquake has to be a 6.75 to create a tsunami.
Tsunamis have extremely long wavelengths.
Tsunami's can travel faster than a jet plane.
Cause & Effect 1
March 11, 2011