Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Wind Energy
Wind turbines power our technology at a low cost. They start by taking the wind (wind is due to the earths uneven heating of its surface). This then spins a turbine. After that the spinning turbine turns wind to kinetic and powers a generator.
- wind is a form of solar energy
- wind turbines convert kinetic energy into mechanical energy
- wind mills have been used since 2000 b.c.
- As of 2014, the U.S. is home to about 46,000 wind turbines
-many turbines locat
Wind Energy is a Fraction of the Worlds Total Energy
- the biggest turbines can power 600 U.S. homes
- last year 70,000 megawatts was produced ( 1 megawatt can power 250 homes)
-That's 17,500,000 homes
By:Brandon L Zach S Ben R and Jeff J
By using this form of energy, we will get the same amount of energy without all of the harmful cons of fossil fuels
-wildlife has been damaged
by the blades (mainly birds
flying into them)
-no greenhouse gas emission
-Little space is needed when building
It is is created through wind turbines
Far from where energy is needed
It is 1% of the world's electricity use
Turbines are VERY expensive to build($350,000)
Low operation costs
energy costs more $$ than in fossil fuel plants
Wind is the Energy of the Future, and the Future is Now
Wind turbines could be used
in cities or on high ways to power street lights.
wind turbines can also be used in modern art ways
"Energy.gov." Wind Program. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Feb. 2015.
"Wind Energy Pros and Cons - Energy Informative." Energy Informative. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 Feb. 2015.
"Windustry." Windustry. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Feb. 2015
Wind Energy-Energy that is created through the conversion of wind into forms that are more useful such as electricity.
Transfer of Energy
Other Forms of Energy
Solar energy-Cloudy days make producing energy difficult
In 1 year, the world intakes around 15.5 trillion kW
Biomass-If overused can cause environmental problems
-Greenhouse gas emission
-extraction of biomasses can be expensive
Hydroelectric: There can be droughts, as well as habitats can be destroyed
Other forms of Energy cont.
Geothermal: Difficult to drill into rock
- Requires around 350F to use