Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
NVC in the Workplace
Transcript of NVC in the Workplace
The Art and Play of Assertive Communication
Differentiation = Choice = Ownership = Empowerment
Language of Responsibility
Activated through experience of self and the world
Signify to what extent our needs are satisfied
Positive Action Statements Empowering Choice
Request vs. Demand
Common Needs For Sustainable Energetics
How Do We Feel When Our Needs Are Satisfied?
How Do We Feel When Our Needs Are
Trying to change others
Playing the "know-it-all"
Common Pitfalls to Observe
How can we use language to take ownership of our needs and experience?
Respects needs of self AND other
"You" (when referencing self)
"I can't," "I should," "I have to..." -
"I don't know," "maybe..."
Language that DEFLECTS Responsibility
What makes a true request?
Language that ACCEPTS Responsibility
"I" (when speaking for self!)
Requisite to the Human Experience
Information for self, rather than co-mingled with others' behavior
Do the "do"!
Prioritized through personal values
Jesse Johnson, M.A.
Relationship Coach & Group Facilitator