Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Colgate vs Crest
Transcript of Colgate vs Crest
Crest starts lowering its price
Launchment of Crest Whitestrips
Colgate reaches 50% of market share in 3 months
The WAR of WHITENERS
did Colgate do to counterattack Crest?
A BIG COMPETITOR: SIMPLY WHITE
of families used whitening products
Crest launches an aggressive advertising campaign
Colgate sues Crest, and wins the trial
Crest is again the number one in the whiteners segment
EVEN LOWER PRICE
EFFECTS IN 14 DAYS
NO UNCOMFORTABLE STICKY STRIPS
SAFE FOR TOOTH ENAMEL
2. Don't eat, drink, smoke.
3. Remove the product by brushing.
1. Apply the gel on your teeth for about 30 min.
STRATEGIES of COLGATE
P&G created a new segment "out of nowhere"
A NEW PRODUCT: CREST WHITESTRIPS
How did they
PENETRATION FAST STRATEGY
- LOW PRICE
- RISK OF COMPETITION
FLEXIBILITY AND COMMODITY
-IMPROVEMENT OF CREST
WHO WON THE BATTLE?
COLGATE WON THE WAR
CREST WON THE BATTLE
STRATEGIES of CREST
Easy to use
Effectiveness in two weeks
Place a disposable plastic strip directly onto the teeth (it contains an enamel safe whitening gel).
30 min. per day
- (relatively) High price
- No competitors
- TV advertisements
- Scientific studies