Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of RUSSIA
4th March 2012
8th May 2012
Centralization of Power
high involvement of government
inefficient legal system
potential for terrorist attacks
1. Political Criteria
2. Domestic Economy
3. Foreign Economy
Development of GDP
Political Risk Analysis: Russia
September 2013: 6,1%
142, 6 Mio.
Falling death rate
Investment rate: 2,5%
Sectoral Shares of GDP
1 ruble = 0.022777 euro
1 euro = 43.90 rubles
External debt to GDP
World Bank’s and IMF’s attitudes
High dependence on oil and gas exports
Non-competitive sectors and markets
Weakness in domestic demand -> investment and consumption decrease
Sluggish external demand
Growth in key non-tradable sectors slowed
Economic model has exhausted itself
Future growth will be constrained by negative demographic trends
The Russian economy grows on rising oil prices and by using up spare capacity
Weak external environment (acceleration of capital outflows, declining equity prices and investment)
of Law and Legal Decisions
1. The decision of the Constitutional Court is final and may not be appealed.
2. The decision of the Constitutional Court passed on the outcome of the consideration of a case assigned for hearing in the session of the Constitutional Court shall come into force immediately upon pronouncement.
3. The decision of the Constitutional Court shall be directly applicable and shall require no affirmation by other bodies and officials
Deviations from International Principles of Law
Not many, but some conflicts with foreign countries
Example: conflicts with Georgian Foreign Ministry
Annual growth rate from -11,20% to 12,10%
Current amount $2014.80 billion USD
Lowest was $195.90 billion USD
Represents 3,25% of the world’s economy
Ranks 8th for country with largest GDP
GDP per Capita
5th place in the ranking for world’s largest economies by GDP from PPP
GDP per Capita: $14.037
Lowest in 1999: $1.339
GDP Product Share
Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles, motorcycles and personal and household goods: 6285.6 Billion Rubles
Manufacturing: 8091.7 Billion Rubles
Real Estate, renting and business activities: 6285.6 Billion Rubles
International Monetary Fund