Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Introduction to the Common Core
Transcript of Introduction to the Common Core
Common Core? Every Teacher Focuses on Literacy Joint effort of the state governors and the state school chiefs.
48 States have adopted the CCSS
Declining US competitiveness
Inconsistent state standards
NAEP performance flat over the past 40 years
Increasing rates of college remediation
Too many standards--"Mile wide, inch deep"
Lack of aligned curriculum Common Core vs. College and Career Ready Standards Common Core State Standards
Added Alabama Standards
Alabama College and Career Ready
(Course of Study) In 2010, 34% of our students took remedial college courses
18% of students benchmark on all 4 parts of the ACT
Only Level IV ARMT correlates with college success
Industry leaders input Math: 2012-13
English/Language Arts: 2013-14
Literacy Standards for ALL subjects: 2013-14 Why is Alabama Implementing these Standards? When is Alabama Implementing these Standards? 1. Build knowledge through content-rich nonfiction.
2. Reading, writing, and speaking grounded in evidence from text.
3. Practice with complex text and
its academic language.