Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Sackeim (1978)
Pictures of people's faces showing different emotions were cut down the middle. New pictures were created with each half face and its mirror image. Then each pair of new faces was shown to participants. They were asked which picture they like better.
To look at the relationship between facial expressions and the hemispheres of the brain.
The majority of participants said they preferred the picture of the left half face and its reflection. When asked why, they said the person in the picture looked ‘warmer’.
When taking a picture to be used in public or advertise something, have the left side of the face showing more than the right.
The left side of the face seems to express emotion much more than the right side