Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Safeguarding The Environment our Earth, Our Home (Let's Go G
Transcript of Safeguarding The Environment our Earth, Our Home (Let's Go G
Our World today is very different from the past. Since The time The international Earth Day was proclaimed in 1970 by its founder, John McConnel, our Awareness and Knowledge about the environment has increased dramatically. It is a well-known fact that the biosphere continues to suffer from the abusive impact of human populations and their technology.
What is Environmental Education?
as Early as the 18th century, Jean-Jacques Rossueau Introduces a philosophy on environmental education in his work, Emile. Several Decades Later, this philosophy was echoed by louis Agassiz, a swiss-born naturalist, as he encouraged student to study nature, not books these two influencial scholar helped lay the foundation for a concrete environmental education program known as nature study, which took place in the late 19th century and early 20th century
Aims of Environmental Education
Environmental education is a process by which people awareness, concern and knowledge of the environment and learn to use this understanding ti preserve, conserve and utilize the environment in a sustainable manner for the benefits of present and future generations.
Goals, Objective and Aims of Environmental Education
This Requires A commitment to work individually and collectively towards solutions of current problems.
The goals of environmental education are:
1. To Improve The Quality of Environment
2. To Create awareness among the people on environmental problems and conversation
3. To create an atmosphere so that people participate in decision-making and develop the capabilities to evaluate the developmental programs
The Objectives of Environmental Education
to help social groups and individuals acquire an awareness of and sensitivity to the total environment and its allied problems.
to help social groups and individuals gain a variety of experiences and acquire a basic understanding of the environment and its associated problems.
to help social groups and individual acquire a set of values and feeling of concern for the environment and the motivation for actively participating in environmental improvement and protections.
to help social groups and individuals acquire the skills for identifying and solving environmental problems
to provide social groups and individuals with opportunity to be actively at all levels working towards the resolution of environmental problems.
the Basic aim of environmental education is to provide different groups of people as well as graduate in a variety of professional fields with the knowledge needed to develop a sense of responsibility towards the environmental and the rational utilization of its riches.
IMPORTANCE OF ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION
1. Increases student engagement in science.
2. Improves student achievement in core subject areas
3. Provides Critical tools for a 21st century workforce
4. Helps address "Nature Deficit disorder
Major Environmental Issues and Concerns
There are so many aspects of the environment which are being affected today. problem with overpopulation, deforestation and with many different things that ultimately lead to devastation of natural environment
ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES AND CONCERNS
1. Dumping industrial wastes into the nearby sources of water.
2. Improper disposal of human and animal wastes.
3. Fertilizers, pesticides used in agriculture
4. pathogens, sediments and chemical
1. Damage to the food chain.
2. Diseases can be spread through polluted water,
3. Acid rain
4. Alteration of the over all chemistry of water.
5. Contaminated Marine food sources.
6. Altered water temperatures which can kill the marine life.
1. Burning of fossil fuel.
2. Increased level of carbon dioxide in the air.
3. Car Exhausts and other emissions
4. Released extra dust and sand into the air due to desertification of wilderness.
5. Chloroflourocarbons (CFCs) used in refrigerants and aerosol propellants
6. Increased road and air traffic.
1. Acid Rain
2. Health problems to human beings
i.e respiratory disorder, cancer etc.
3. Global Warming
WASTE and LAND POLLUTION
1. Degenerative actions i.e deforestation, overuse of pesticide and chemical fertilization.
2. Misuse of Land i.e desertification, land conversion, felling of trees to clear land for agriculture
3. land conversion
4. urbanization, Improper waste disposal, Ewastes, Industrial activities
1. leads to loss of forest cover of the earth.
2. Destruction of natural habitat of species leading to their extinction.
3. disease, health problems
1. Global warming due to "Greenhouse effect"
2. Increased world population.
3. Burning of Fossil Fuels.
1. Heat waves
2. Rising Temperature
3. Worsened air population
4. Increased SMOG
5. Wildfire smoke and pollution
6. Drought, Floods
7. Spread of Epidemic diseases
8. Worsened waterborne illnesses,
nature has the ability to regulate, perpetuate and maintain its balance and keep both living and non-living components stable.
ALL FORMS OF LIFE ARE EQUALITY IMPORTANT
All living organisms have the inherent right ti exist.
EVERYTHING IS INTERCONNECTED
All things on earth are connected to everything else.
EVERYTHING MUST GO SOMEWHERE
This law reminds us of the Law of Conservation of matter.
Seasons helps produce different flower, Fruit, vegetables and other crops
OURS IS A FINITE EARTH
This law tell us that there are limits to the population that an area can support to prevent exhaustion of resources.
NATURE IS BEAUTIFUL AND WE ARE STEWARDS OF GOD's CREATION
What do I need to remember?
Ours is a finite earth
Major Environmental Issues and Concerns
WASTE AND LAND POLLUTION
THAT'S ALL AND THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!!! :D
Nature Knows BEST
All FORMS of life are equally important.
Everything is interconnected.
Everything must go somewhere.
Nature is Beautiful and we are steward of God's Creation