Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 1.04 Humor
This demonstrates verbal irony because I knew that my sister couldn't walk with a broken ankle, and she knew she couldn't walk either.
In the movie "The West Side Story," as Tony is hiding, Maria's friend tells the Jets that Maria died. Then the clerk tells Tony who goes out to purposely get shot by Chino. While Tony was looking for Chino, he saw that Maria was alive. When Tony called out her name he was shot by Chino and died.
This demonstrates dramatic irony because the crowd knew that Maria wasn't dead, yet Tony thought she was. And while he was looking to be killed he saw Maria alive, but was killed.
This demonstrates a pun because the term "sleeping pill" means a pill to help you sleep.
Yet this picture shows a pill sleeping.
One time my grandpa farted, and I said under my breath, "it's an earthquake!"
This demonstrates a hyperbole because farts can't cause earthquakes.
This demonstrates an oxymoron because there's a stop sign, yet there's a sign that says keep moving right next to it.