Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Portage around Great Falls
Transcript of Portage around Great Falls
June 13 1805 Lewis was the first white man to see the Great Falls
Made by :
The Portage started in late May 1804
The Great Falls was 900 feet wide and 80 feet tall
It took Lewis and a small group, 31 day to travel the Missouri river
The Great Falls was dangerous, an unknown illness was formed.
It took the men 18 miles to hike around the five falls.
Members were ill, some were sore, unable to stand but they never complained.
Skin infections was caused by the river water.
The Great Falls park is located in Montana
Lewis and Clark were correct, that the South Fork was the Missouri River