Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cell Membrane Transport
Transcript of Cell Membrane Transport
Lipid soluble WITH the concentration gradient
= high to low concentration
NO ATP needed
AGAINST the concentration gradient
= low to high concentration
What determines if a molecule can just diffuse through the cell membrane? Osmosis Diffusion of water from a high water concentration (low solute) to low water (high solute) concentration Active Transport Diffusion Uses a transport protein
Against the concentration gradient (so ATP needed)
Large, lipid insoluble or charged molecules Exocytosis Movement OUT of the cell
Golgi body often involved
Active due to vesicle and cell membrane movement Endocytosis Movement INTO the cell
2 forms; pinocytosis (liquid droplets) and phagocytosis (solids)