Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Figurative Language
An ice cream cone is heaven on
a hot summer day. Metaphor Idiom Onomatopoeia is a word used to represent a sound.
The car started with a loud BANG! Onomatopoeia Alliteration Hyperbole Personification is attributing human qualities to an inanimate object.
The leaves danced in the early morning breeze. Personification Colin Armstrong Simile A simile is a comparison using the words like or as.
The people were as tough as nails walking on hot coals. An idiom is a silly saying or phrase with a figurative or literal meaning.
My friend has a sweet tooth. Alliteration is repeating the same beginning sounds three or more times in a sentence or line .
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. A hyperbole is an exaggeration that couldn't necessarily happen.
My dog weighs a ton.