Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Functions of Conjunctions
Transcript of Functions of Conjunctions
What are conjunctions?
Conjunctions are words that serve as connectors between words, phrases, clauses or sentences.
There are 3 types of conjunctions:
Coordinating, Correlative and Subordinating
These join or coordinate 2 or more items.
for, and, nor, but, or, yet
Can you use it in a sentence?
She likes to play video games
not on the computer.
they do not like to play games on the computer, they do like to use the computer.
Let's try it out...
the boy like computer games.
These work in pairs to join words or groups of words with equal value to a sentence.
Some examples would be:
either/or, not only/but, neither/nor,
These join an independent clause and a dependent clause.
while and whenever
are all examples of subordinators.
Grammar - Conjunction Junction Music Video