Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Sacredness Of The Cows
Transcript of The Sacredness Of The Cows
Mrs.Appl Why were cows so important in ancient Indian society? The sacredness cows were important because they provided food,such as milk and butter. They also pulled farmers plows, transported people. When cows died, their skins were used for clothing. How are cows protected in India today?
Cows are protected today by a Hindu religious
law that forbids the eating of beef. How are cows honored in India?
The people drape colorful, embroidered material over their backs, place garlands of flowers around their necks, decorate horns with bells, and feed them grains and foods. FUN FACTS!
1. It is not uncommon
for a cow to be seen
drinking out of a water
2. Cows are treated like
regulare people and are
allowed to roam the city
3. Popular Hindu god was
portrayed in some stories
as a cow herder. Thank you for watching! We hope this video has changed what you think about cows!