Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Database
What is a database?
Text or Numeric Data
A database is a system
for storing information.
Data can be stored on paper but,
Computers are better for storing data
as we can quickly sort and search for
Microsoft Access :
Is a computer application
used to create a database.
Key Terms in Database
A Data item; part of a record.
All the information about one item in a database.
Where you can view all the data together.
A unique field used to identify records.
To change the order of the records in a database e.g Alphabetically.
To check that data has been entered correctly.
A rule of set of rules to check entered data.
To select data on the basis of chosen criteria.
Use this to Enter your data, one record at a time.
Types of Data
Monarch database .dbf (shared area)
Monarch publisher workbook. (shared area)