Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of xeroderma pigmentosum
defect of the enzyme system that repairs DNA after damage from ultraviolet rays.
extreme sensitivity to sunlight, which can result in skin cancer.
xeroderma pigmentosum inheritance pattern
Waring Graphic Material
How does the disease work?
People how are affected by Xeroderma pigmentosum
NORD (National organization for Rare Disorders) states that
100,000 individuals worldwide and about one in 250,000 persons in the United States and Europe.
The disorder appears to occur more frequently in Japan."
Xeroderma pigmentosum pedigree
A rare case of Araras
"Xeroderma Pigmentosum." Genetics Home Reference. U.S. National Library of Medicine, 7 Mar. 2016. Web. 9 Mar. 2016.
"Xeroderma Pigmentosum." The New York Times. The New York Times, 1 Jan. 2016. Web. 11 Mar. 2016.
"Xeroderma Pigmentosum." NORD National Organization for Rare Disorders. National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD), 1 Jan. 1987. Web. 11 Mar. 2016.
"Xeroderma Pigmentosum." MedicinePlus. N.p., 14 Apr. 2014. Web. 17 Mar. 2016.
XP in Japan
- Rintaro Sei, a 13 year old with XP