Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Jamaica!
Important people in Jamaican Government
-Governor General: Patrick Allen
-Prime Minister: Portia Simpson - Miller
-Minister of foreign affairs and foreign trade: Kenneth Baugh
-House of Representatives
The Jamaica Labour Party is one of the two major political parties in Jamaica, the other being the People's National Party.
- In 1962 constitution established a parliamentary system based on the UK model
-The justice system is also modeled on the UK system
-Jamaica government is organized in a representative parliament democratic constitution monarchy
Jamaican Governor General
Portia Simpson Miller
Jamaica's government is responsible for the social and political aspects of the country.
-The Bustamante Industrial Trade Union is a trade union center in Jamaica established by Sir Alexander Bustamante
-The National Workers Union is a general trade union
Branches of Jamaican Government...
-Legislative- Bicameral Parliament
The Parliament of Jamaica has two chambers
- Has 63 members, elected for a 5 year term
-The House of Representatives is the Lower House. It is the group of elected members of parliament.
-Has 21 appointed members
-The Senate is the direct successor of a pre Independence body known as the Legislative Council
Government Buildings in Jamaica
-Kings House (also governments house)
-Office of the Prime Minister
-Ministry of Finance and Planning
-Ministry of local government, Youth and community development
Office of the Prime Minister
In conclusion Jamaica's government is very successful in supporting their country and provides their community with a well organized government.
Thanks for listening
The House of Representative
Canada's Political Seats