Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Thriving in the Relationship Economy
Transcript of Thriving in the Relationship Economy
by Jerry Michalski
your guide to the Relationship Economy
knowledge is power
knowledge is scarce
attention is scarce
Today's Commercial Economy
Where Does Economic Activity Go?
Scarcity = Value
Time = Money
Content is King
Knowledge = Power
Monopoly is best
IP is your principal asset
Protect that asset at all costs
Externalities don't matter
"Consumers," "branding" and "driving eyeballs"
1) Relationships should be between peers
Corporations aren't peers
We got separated:
"We would never open
our data to outsiders."
"Growth is our measure
"Everybody pays bribes
in this country."
Start by trusting (not naively)
Nurture the commons
Build your profits around it
Learn the new dance
The Relationship Economy
Social media is helping re-humanize corporations
commerce and society.
It'll be great... and painful.
Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998
Digital Rights Management
Created October 2009
Updated November 2012