Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of social media
1. Explore the basic elements of the most popular platforms (twitter, pinterest, linkedIN, vimeo, youtube, facebook, flickr, wordpress … and any others that emerge before the session date).
2. Examine ways in which these tools can be utilized by NGOs to raise funds and foster influenceability (yep, it’s a thing!).
3. Share stories about what works/doesn’t work with nonprofit organizations in OKC and Tulsa.
4. Have tons of fun!
is this social media thing here to stay?
randy k. macon, phd
and don't forget...
a quick note about
cleaner and streamlined aesthetic
everything is organized and easily searchable
quality of the video is higher and there is no time length limit on the videos being uploaded.
Vimeo fits into a much more niche audience, centered on good filmmaking and inspiring videos. Vimeo filters out the commercial videos, gaming videos and all non-user generated content.
audience doesn’t come close to size of YouTube’s
only allows for one HD video upload per week on the free account as well as slow upload times for users who have not paid to upgrade to Plus or Pro accounts
no dedicated NGO program
+1k individuals in my network saw my recomendation
before the break...
...peer-to-peer messaging is among the most powerful tool available to drive social change. When an issue becomes ‘personal,’ meaning someone can attach a familiar face to the cause, she tends to become a strong advocate...
meet Brian Elliott
Brian taught me about
when something becomes important to a friend, chances are you will consider it more favorably and perhaps become involved yourself
that's friend power!
Help End Hunger and Poverty With Your Homemade Sheep Money Box
children love this pinterest project